Pure as the driven effing snow

Posted by Dan March 30th, 2006 at 11:04pm In Vintage

When I take my post-work runs on the treadmill, there are four TVs in the front of the room. Today, for some reason, two were turned to CNN, so I get to see Lou Dobbs talk about how much he hates those damned Mexicans. One was sports (or something) and then the other one was turned to ABC Family, where we got to see a rerun of 7th Heaven.

I went through a phase about two years ago where my then-roommate and I got trashed and watched the show every Monday (we also got liquored up for that year’s State of the Union address, but that was more of a way of coping). Like any novelty television show, we found that it was very conducive to drinking games.

7thheaven_lrg.jpg

Here are some preliminary rules for the Official TiFaux 7th Heaven Drinking Game. Feel free to add rules to suit your fancy.

DRINK whenever you feel you’re being judged. Either through the characters’ comments on other peoples’ lifestyles or just through the show’s overall purity.

DRINK whenever the twins speak in unison

DRINK whenever the dog barks at somebody as if he’s commenting on the situation at hand

DRINK when someone gives advice

DRINK whenever there’s a heart-to-heart

DRINK whenever someone decides they need to talk to Rev. Camden.

• 1. Maggie  |  March 31st, 2006 at 9:33 am

I saw 10 minutes of 7th Heaven once. I think it may be the worst show on television.

• 2. sara  |  April 3rd, 2006 at 10:08 am

DRINK

• 3. sara  |  April 3rd, 2006 at 10:10 am

Oops.

DRINK whenever a character refers to a character played by an actor who left the show more than one season earlier, yet still has ongoing story lines.

DRINK twice whenever someone enters into an age-inappropriate marriage because it’s not okay to have sex if you’re not married, but getting married at age seventeen is TOTALLY FINE.

FINISH THE BOTTLE whenever a married teenager announces a pregnancy that’s totally okay because she’s married.

• 4. Joy  |  April 10th, 2006 at 5:49 pm

Remember to accompany your swigs of alcohol with snide remarks about the pure intent of the Heavenly Camdens.

Then start a riot.