Who Would Win in a Fight: Battlestar Galactica’s Apollo versus Lost’s Sawyer

Posted by Dan March 31st, 2008 at 10:44am In Battlestar Galactica Lost Who Would Win in a Fight

Let’s revisit the old (olde?) TiFaux favorite Who Would Win in a Fight, shall we?

Now that I’m all caught up on Battlestar Galactica, I feel qualified to weigh in on its cast of characters — including everyone’s favorite accent-masking dreamboat Jamie Bamber as Lee “Apollo” Adama. Pit him against Josh Holloway’s twangy, nick-naming Sawyer and I think you’ve got a fairly even match — two pretty boy tough guys who are pretty and tough in completely different ways.

sawpollo.jpg

Let’s break it down.

Apollo

Strengths:

• Seasoned war veteran
  • Tough boxer, as evidenced in that one boring episode in season three
  • Big ole’ arms

Weaknesses:

• Easily exploitable emotional weak spots
  • Not necessarily as formidable when he’s not in a plane
  • Definitely the prettier of the pretty boys

Sawyer

Strengths:

• Scary stubble and tangled tresses
  • Bad temper results in a lot of bold actions
  • Vendetta against the world

Weaknesses:

• Needs glasses
  • All talk, for the most part
  • Undisciplined; general misanthropy doesn’t always translate to fighting prowess
Who would win in a fight?
View Results

• 1. sara  |  March 31st, 2008 at 11:02 am

Boring?! Are you crazy? That was the greatest episode that didn’t involve anything (literally) exploding ever!

• 2. Dan  |  March 31st, 2008 at 11:04 am

I realize that is a bit of a controversial assertion, but I have to admit that I find the Apollo/Starbuck romance a bit tiring.

• 3. Ronnie  |  April 1st, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Are you kidding me? Sawyer would crush that girly man in seconds!

• 4. Annie  |  April 7th, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Did you forget that Sawyer boxed in prison or the time he took four guys out and ended up with their rifle while in capavity? You also obviously didn’t check out those upper arms. Street fighting or in the ring, Sawyer for the KO. Hell Starbuck could take Lee.

• 5. iamme  |  April 8th, 2008 at 9:16 am

Sawyer. No question about it. Add Sayid to the mix and those two would be unstoppable.

• 6. nodle  |  April 8th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

I also do not liek the Starbuck/Apollo relationship. I just didn’t get it. I mean, she has Sam, who needs little nerdy Apollo?

Sawyer would tromp all over Apollo. How can there be any doubt? He is taller, built like a tree trunk, better-looking and has more sexiness in his little finger that Apollo could ever hope to have.

• 7. Linda  |  April 8th, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Sawyer takes one look at the guy, gives him a brand new nick name and beats the living crap out of that poor boy.
    We know the rest: “-There’s a new sheriff in town boys. You all best get used to it.”

March 2008