Getting Ready to Sing “Auld Lang Syne” Out of Tune

Posted by Marisa December 26th, 2008 at 10:56am In All Things TV

The new year is fast approaching, so I only have a little bit of time to make TV-related resolutions for 2009. Here goes:

1. I will be more charitable about the space on the DVR, and not really care that someone in my apartment is stockpiling episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

2. I will check out at least one of those highly buzzed about cable shows that I have previously ignored entirely. In the running: Damages, Battlestar Galactica, or anything on HBO or Showtime.

2B. Sub-Resolution: I will figure out exactly where those aforementioned cable channels are in the infinite menu that pops up when I hit “guide” on my remote.

3. I will finish watching the first season of  Flight of the Concords because I liked what I saw, and everyone I talked to said I saw the worst episodes.

4. I will not spend as much of my life complaining about how rich the cast of The Hills is in real life.

5. I will not hold a grudge against whatever takes over Pushing Daisies‘ time slot.

6.  I will absolutely not watch Howie Do It.

7. I will admit to someone other than Jesse that I’ve been watching Kath & Kim and I think it’s funny. Hey, I’m ahead of schedule!

• 1. sara  |  December 27th, 2008 at 12:28 am

I recommend Battlestar. Well, don’t we all?

I watched both Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? and Don’t Forget the Lyrics tonight. My mom’s house has like seven channels. But they’re in HD! Gah.

• 2. Marisa  |  December 27th, 2008 at 12:54 am

It’s okay. I admit to watching both Say Yes to the Dress and Two and a Half Men with my mom while I’ve been home. The last one was particularly weird, because there were a lot of graphic jokes about giving oral sex to women, which is…not the kind of lame joke I was expecting.

• 3. sara  |  December 27th, 2008 at 2:27 am

That is something that I’d have guessed they’d make Charlie Sheen do on cable, at least. Or pay-per-view.

• 4. Dan  |  December 27th, 2008 at 2:52 am

I will have to recommend catching up on Damages, if for no other reason than there’s only one season to catch up on and the next one begins Jan. 7. Seriously — acquire the first season tomorrow and you’ll be so obsessed you’ll finish it by New Year’s.

And, really? Kath and Kim? So shrill!

By the way, we are all having this little TiFaux party at 2 in the morning on a Friday. Woohoo!

• 5. Marisa  |  December 27th, 2008 at 8:05 pm

I don’t think K&K is a shrill as some of Molly Shannon’s SNL characters. They’re definitely cartoony, but I wouldn’t say shrill.

December 2008