Posted by Dan January 12th, 2009 at 12:48pm In Special Events
I just thought that I’d throw some Golden Globe-related thoughts at you because, after all, it did happen. Bit of a snooze, but whatever. I guess I think that every year will be the year that Christine Lahti gets an award while in the crapper. But, sadly, it’s usually a lot of agent-thanking and the occasionally sassy comment that would break decorum at the notoriously prissy Oscars.
Since I have no organized thoughts on the proceedings (aside from the ones I tweeted with Sara last night — subscribe to our bustling Twitter feed here), here are my bulleted notes.
- As long as Tina and 30 Rock win, they can give every other award to Charlie Sheen
- As I said in the Twitter feed — I was prepared to take hostages if Jeremy Piven won. Luckily, no one has to die.
- Glad to see Marisa Tomei getting nominated again — defeating those Jack Palance blunder rumors.
- Sting looks like a werewolf, 20% through transformation.
- Don Cheadle engaged in some awkward joshing of the Cohen brothers in his Burn After Reading intro. Uncomfortable, but harmless.
- Anna Paquin? Huh. Questionable, but at least interesting. I’m usually happy to see freshman series win things.
- Did Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore share a joint in the ladies room before presenting?
- I really want to see In Bruges now (and Happy Go Lucky). Colin Farrell does best when he’s playing himself — a drunken hooligan.
- I think Glenn Close got caught saying something political after that Israeli film won best foreign language film. She had a very scary expression.
- Tracy Morgan’s acceptance speech has been the greatest thing to happen to this telecast. Cate Blanchett indeed!
- Hooray for all the Slumdog Millionaire awards, especially the score one. Although, truth be told, I see like three movies a year and that was the only award-worthy one.